Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Unexpected High and I Don't Know Why

                     Today is Sunday so on Friday i was running kinda high most of the day. Probably because I kept binging on junk food so my fault. Although i was taking insulin for everything i ate i just continued to stay high in the 300's. By later on that night i was still feeling fine and my numbers were finally coming down but i couldn't sleep to save my life. So about 3:30am rolls around i look at my dexcom and im steady around 109 so just to be sure i check my sugar on 2 different meters and both say around 109 so i think i'm good.
                        
                        By about 4am my numbers are still around 107 but now i'm so thirsty and my belly is flipping but i have no idea why. I figure im just really tried and it's hot so that's why i am feeling yucky. I turn the AC on and finally fall asleep. Flash forward to waking up about 5 hours later and i feel horrible so i check my sugar and its 389 omg how did that happen over night. For no reason i didn't eat in my sleep (i don't think) so my am i so high. I take a correction bolus and very quickly my numbers come down in range and i start to feel better after drinking tons of water. 
                      
                         This has never really happened to be before I mean i have highs but always because i ate to much and didn't bolus enough but i have never gone to sleep in range and woke up that high. Still don't have a good explanation for it but 'im feeling much better now which is great.

  Has this ever happened to any of you and what did you do to fix it. Let me know i would love to hear your stories 

No comments:

Post a Comment