Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 20, 2017

My Omnipod insulin pump


                      So for this blog post I wanted to tell you a little bit about my omnipod. I have been using the omnipod insulin pump for about a month now and it is a bit different them my old Medtronic pump which you can read about in a previous post.
                        Now the number 1 way the omnipod is different is that it is tubeless yes you read that right a tubeless insulin pump who woulda thought. The fact that it is tubeless means a lot for me Know have a few more options on where I can put it on my body. I used to always wear my old pump on my belly which over time has cases me to have some slight scaring there but not to bad. I have been wearing my omnipod on my arm which is almost painless and I have much better absorption there. Another big plus for me with the omnipod is that it is waterproof which means no more disconnecting to take a shower or go swimming which is awesome. The last thing is that it because it is directly attached to my body and not clipped to my pants I have more freedom to run and play with my kids and not have to worry about it falling off my pants and pulling my infusion set out.
                    What I really love about the omnipod are the many ways you can personalize it. I like to use nail polish and temporary tattoos to decorate my pods I'll post a pic of the first box I did. Another great thing for decorating your pod or Pdm are pump peelz they are sticker skins you can buy to customize your diabetes supplies I'll tell you a little more in a future post.

Well that's all for now if you have questions leave them in the comments and I'll be sure to reply. Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment