Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Back to Medtronic for a couple days

           So I'm using my Medtronic pump again but just for a couple days. My omnipod was due to be changed yesterday and I'm scheduled for an MRI tomorow. I thought it would be pointless and a waste of a pod to put a new one one since it can not be exposed to the MRI so I put my Medtronic on for a couple days.
           I spoke with my pump educator yesterday just to make sure I know the pump it's self can't go in the MRI but I wasn't sure about the infusion set. She said that it would be fine to use my old pump since I can just disconnect before and recconect after. So that is a good thing.
           The down side is my absorption rate sucks on my stomach and that's the only place I can comfortably wear this pump bc of the tubes so I have had a massive headache and not high but shitty sugars since I put it on. But I guess it's only for a couple days right. Can't wait to put my pod back on tomorrow after noon.
            Has anyone else ever had to do this switch. back to an old pump or injections for a day or two. If so did you notice a difference in how you feel or how you numbers were controlled. Let me know in the comments I would love to hear your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment